- When you buy bananas, take them apart from each other. They will ripen more slowly.
- Bell Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for fresh eating while peppers with 4 bumps are better for cooking because they are firmer.
- Make scrambled eggs rich and fluffy by adding a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream, cream cheese or heavy cream before beating them.
- For light garlic flavor, add at the beginning of your recipe. For stronger flavor, add near the end .
- Reheat pizza in a cast iron skillet on top of the stove....it keeps the crust crisp!
- Easy "Angel" Eggs - put the cooked egg yolks in a ziplock bag, mash them up, add remaining ingredients and mix well. Then snip off the corner with scissors and squeeze the mixture out...much cleaner!
- Use newspaper for "mulch" in your garden, you can usually get it free and it works better than some of the "gardening plastic" not to mention it's bio-degradable so makes your garden greener!
- Pick up tiny broken glass shards with a wet cotton-ball. It gets caught in the fibers.
- Clean the lint filter on your dryer every month using a brush and warm soap and water. Not only will it make your dryer run more efficiently but you'll cut down on fire hazards and extend the life of your dryer.
- When measuring "liquid" items for baking....measure oily items first, it helps the other things like honey come out easier.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Tipster Tuesday - Top 10
A friend of mine sent an email with a few household tips....I thought they were pretty interesting and decided to pass them along. If you know who originally thought of these, let me know in the comments.